It’s very important for you to know how long heartburn can last and when you need to take a cure for it as an adult, pregnant , or even if you have a child who has acid reflux! And that’s what this article is all about.
After all, heartburn is a common illness and according to webmd, acid reflux happens once a week for up to 20% of Americans in average and is common in pregnant women.
How long does heartburn last in children? With The Cure
It depends, but usually if the heartburn or acid reflux was normal, then it will last for 1 day and then it will be gone! And sometimes, for just a few hours!
Usually heartburn/acid reflux is not dangerous, however, long-term heartburn, known as GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease), can lead to big problems like: If your child has one of the symptoms listed above, then you should find a heartburn treatment or acid reflux treatment for your child as soon as possible (We recommend you with this treatment).
If your child has one of the symptoms listed above, then you should find a heartburn treatment or acid reflux treatment for your child as soon as possible (We recommend you with this treatment).
Can heartburn last for days in children and still be a normal condition?
No, if heartburn lasts for more than 1 day in children, then you should now take action on that to help your child treating their pain.
How long does heartburn last in pregnant women? With The Cure
- Honey with warm milk may reduce heartburn symptoms.
- Resist the desire to sit down after eating and take a stroll, instead.
- Try using your pregnancy pillow underneath your body from the waist up, when you want to sleep. This provides cushioning while elevating upper body.
Can heartburn last for days in pregnancy and still be a normal condition?
No. Even acid reflux or heartburn is more common in pregnant women, but that doesn’t mean that it doesn’t need a cure! We suggest you to follow a diet or go with the alternative cure above.
How long does heartburn last in adults? With The Cure
- Knowing food triggers can help you end or reduce heartburn. Food triggers are like alcohol, soda, coffee, citrus foods, garlic, onions, and tomatoes and tomato products.
- Reducing your serving sizes at meals can make you better. Instead of eating a few large meals, try to eat several mini-ones during the day.
- Avoid eating right before going to bed or late at night.
- If you smoke, stop smoking cigarettes.
- If you are overweight or obese, this may increase your risk of having heartburn. Losing your weight may help you reduce your heartburn.
- Try to not lie down for at least three hours after eating.
Can heartburn last for days in adults and still be a normal condition?
For some adults, yes. But it’s better to see a doctor or follow a diet even if your heartburn is just a normal case. The best cure we recommend is the FULL treatment guide above.
Please help others like you by sharing this article
If you get some new information that was helpful to you, please share it with other people to help them end their heartburn.
To share this article, you just need to click on one of these buttons: